Indian two wheeler market had witnessed a slight decline of 0.06% as 1,131,992 units were sold in the month of July 2013 as against 1,132,696 units in July 2012.
- Market leader Hero MotorCorp sold 477,195 units in July 2013 as against 473,033 units registering a decrease by 0.88%.
- Honda saw encouraging growth as their sales rise by 21.36% in the month of July 2013 with 276,195 units against 227,591 units in July 2012.
- Trouble ridden Bajaj’s sale decline by 23.62%, with 153,173 units sold in July 2013 as against 200,535 units in July 2012.
- Yamaha marked positive figures in July 2013, where their sales hike to 34.59% as against July 2012.
- Mahindra had sold 14,612 units registering 45.38% as against July 2012.
There has been no change in market share composition as on July 2013.
- The Motorcycle segment witnessed 2% decrease of sales for July 2013 at 809,312 units against 821,312 units in July 2012.
- Hero Motors sales decline at 4% in motorcycle segment for July 2013 at 420,397 units as against 436,994 units in July 2012.
- Honda had achieved 38% growth in sales at 140,611 units for July 2013 as against 101,692 units in July 2012.
Honda gained some points this market share as their share now stand at 17.4%. Bajaj is the worst affected manufacturer in this segment as their market share fell to 18.9% in July 2013 from 24.4% during July 2012. Market leader Hero also lost few points and their share now stay at 51.9% as on July 2013.
- The sales of Scooters witnessed a 10% rise in July 2013 at 271,438 units as against 247,213 units in July 2012.
- Honda sales in scooter segment stood at 135,584 units in July 2013 against 125,899 units in July 2012, registering 8% growth.
- Hero keep improving in the segment as their growth rise by 58% at 56,798 units in July 2013 as against 36,039 units in July 2012.
- TVS and Suzuki had their sales declined at 14% and 22% respectively in July 2013.
- Mahindra sales had got halved as their sales declined by 58%.
Sales of Honda accounts for half of the total sales in scooter segment as on July 2013. Hero witnesses their share in the segment climb to 20.9% in July 2013. Mahindra’s share now stay at a mere 1.6%.
The sales of TVS Mopeds have decreased by 19% in July 2013 at 51,242 units against 63,662 units in the same month of previous year.
Source – ACG, Siam