The three wheeler sales in India witnessed a drop of 6.14% for July 2013 at 41,570 units as against 44,289 units in July 2012. The total sales of passenger three wheeler stood at 35,078 units as against 36,475 units in July 2012, registering 3.83% decline. Goods segment sales had declined by 16.92% for July 2013 at 6492 units against 7,814 units in July 2012.
- The sales for Bajaj Auto remains flat in July 2013 with 18,131 units sold as against 18,114 units during July 2012.
- Sales of Piaggio are down by 12.05% at 13,848 units in July 2013 against 15,746 units in July 2012.M&M sales decline by 12.8%
- Atul Auto witness 16.74% increase for July sales at 2,929 units against 2,509 units in July 2012.
- Scooters India and TVS saw their sales decrease at 22.89% and 20.06% respectively.
Market leader Bajaj increased their share to 43.6% while Piaggio’s share fell to 33.3%. Atul Auto have also gained some share and stay with 7% for July 2013.
- Leaders Bajaj Auto registered 2.19% growth in three wheeler passenger segment with 18,129 units for July 2013 as against 17,740 units in July 2012.
- Atul Auto saw their sales went up by 33.75% with 1823 units for July 2013 against 1363 units in July 2012.
- M&M sales are down by 14.11%, while second placed Piaggio got their sales cut off by 10.91%.
Bajaj Auto saw their share increased to 49.70% in this segment. Piaggio's share decreased to 28.25%
- Bajaj Auto got their work cut out as only 2 units were sold in July 2013.
- Piaggio witness their sales decline by 15.22% for July 2013 at 3,544 units as against 4180 units in July 2012.
- M&M sold 1210 units in July 2013 as against 1330 units in July 2012 registering 9% decrease.
Segment leaders Piaggio improved their share and hold 54.59%. Both M&M and Atul Auto had also improved their shares in this segment sharing the spoils from Bajaj.
Source – ACG, SIAM