VECV – Eicher Motors sales report of Feb 2016. Full article with statistics is for subscriber only.
VECV – Eicher Motors domestic sales grown by 53.71% whereas export sales raise to 106.13% in feb 2016.
Company Update :
EICHER TRUCKS & BUSES LAUNCHES EICHER LIVE (TRUCKING INTELLIGENCE)AT 2016 AUTO EXPO
• Showcases Eicher Pro 6000 and Eicher Pro 8000 series haulage trucks fitted with Eicher Live
• First- ever to introduce uptime management service. Also offers fuel management and trip management
• Showcases a new range Eicher Pro buses for school and inter-city travel (sleeper coaches)
Eicher Trucks & Buses, part of VE Commercial VehicleslaunchedEicher Live- an advanced Telematics solution for the commercial vehicle industry today at the Auto Expo 2016. Eicher Live is trucking intelligence that drives profitable fleet management, by monitoring their movement, fuel consumption and maintenance needs.Eicher Live is available as a companyinstalled systemin the #EicherProSeries range of trucks and buses viz #EicherPro8000 and #EicherPro6000. Eicher Liveprovides real time dashboard data analytics of the fleet, tracking the most important factors including fuel management and fault identification thus allowing customers to plan maintenance. Eicher Live’s dynamic intelligence helps maximize productivity and profitability. Eicher Trucks and Buses has showcased 7 products and comprehensive customer solutions at the Auto Expo’2016.
• Eicher Pro 6037, a 37T haulage truck which comes with in-built intelligent technology like dual torque, fuel coaching, cruise control, electronic air processing unit, advanced telematics and driver information system.
• Eicher Skyline Pro School Bus-a hybrid school Bus developed and manufactured at the VECV Pithampur plant in Indore. The Skyline Pro School Busis fitted with a hybrid system thatcombines a conventional internal combustion engine with an electric propulsion system which drastically reduce emissions and improve fuel efficiency. This Bus also has state of the art electronic safety features and advanced telematics.
• Eicher SkylineAC sleeper coach with 28 passenger berth all fitted with individual 11” foldable LED screens, smoke detector, rear view camera, laptop & mobile chargers, a WC (water closet) and significant luggage space as required by the customers.
• In addition, other vehicles being displayed in the Eicher Pro Series are: Pro 8049 HD haulage truck, Pro 6025T HD tipper and Pro 3016 and Pro 1049 in the LMD segment.
• Eicher also provides comprehensive lifetime support solutions for customers comprising of Eicher Financial Services, insurance, maintenance and extended warranty for convenience of fleet operators. There are also a lot of innovative after sales schemes like “Freedom” and “Eicher Promise” which ensure maximum uptime and higher level of productivity to the customers.
Speaking at the occasion, Vinod, Aggarwal, CEO, VE Commercial Vehicles said, “Hybrid school busand public transportation system could be a possible solution to reduce pollution levels and a key transportation mode in the proposed smart cities of the future. The hybridSkyline Pro School Bus comes with a host of safety features such as vehicle tracking, geo-fencing, camera with recording, student ridership status available to the parents and fire detection/suppression system which will add to the legacy of Eicher’s School Bus as the Safest School Bus”.
Further commenting on the Eicher Live he said, “At Eicher Trucks and Buses, we have always been very progressive in our approach towards introducing new products and technologies to the market. In last couple of years we ushered
in the Future of Indian trucking with the launch of Eicher Pro Series. With Eicher Live technology we have taken one more step towards the modernization of the transportation industry. Eicher Liveoffers Uptime Management- a service that is offered first time in the industry. Ithelps detect, schedule and plan for vehicle repairs pro-actively enabling more on-road time hence higher productivity”. Eicher live includes features like Advance Breakdown Assistance, Dynamic Service Reminders and Pro-active Service. Eicher Live also offers greatfuel management with advanced analytics that includes fuel consumption analysis and measures to improve fuel efficiency and profitability. The major components of the telematics system are a hardware unit (Telematics Gateway),intelligent vehicle electronic moduleand a mobile sim card that connects to Eicher Live hub.