Month-wise Domestic, Export and Total Sales Jan 2015
The figures shows that there is a 9.31% increase in the Domestic Sales in the month of January over 2 years, and there is a 13.86% increase in the Total Sales.The cumulative figures show that there is 12.61% increase in the Domestic sales and 13.91% increase in the total sales over the 2 fiscal years 2014 and 2015.
The highest Selling segment is 'Utility Vehicles' (Ertiga as one of the brands) which has seen a 35% increase, followed by Vans and Passenger like Swift, Ritz, Alto, Ciaz, SX4, Dzire, Wagon R. The maximum sales number has been in 'Passenger cars' in Jan, 2015, which is the maximum market share of Maruti Suzuki. The least in 'Utility Vehicles' being 4,763.
– Further in the 'Small' segment of Passenger cars, there is a 7.3% decline in the sales of WagonR and Alto in the January 2015 as compared to 2014.
– There is a 7.5% increase in the sales of 'Economy Compact' (Swift, Ritz, Celerio and Dzire) of Passenger vehicles in January 2015 as compared to January 2014.
– Dzire Tour of the 'Super Compact' segment has seen a 33% increase in sales over the 2 years, while the 'Mid size' segment incurred a 7.95% increase in sales.
In the above graph there is a 10.72% sales in 'Passenger Cars' in 2015 as compared to 2014, 'Utility' has seen a 13.62% increase in the sales. The maximum % increase is in the 'Vans' segment which is of 28.5%.
Cumulative figures show that 'Small' segment of Passenger cars, there is a 3% decline in the sales of Wagon R and Alto in the year 2015 as compared to 2014.
– There is no substantial difference in the sales in the segments 'Vans' and 'Super Compact'.
– Maximum increase is observed in the Mid-size segment.
Source: Autobei, Maruti Suzuki
To Read Maruti Suzuki Sales December 2014
Check European Car Market Analysis
Buy our Latest Research Reports:
We have released our latest Exclusively Market forecast report on Indian Car Market. It is available quarter wise, Half Yearly and Yearly.
– Car Market Research Report of India & Forecast 2015
To buy detail report please contact to Nidhi.Singh@autobei.com
Sales numbers are OK, but the market share is 40-45% that is alarming. And you see we have not seen any product that can compete with either Ford (Figo) or Volkswagen (Polo) per say compact car. A whole lot of re engineering that can do; build a Brand for Suzuki and its admirers and customers as well.
B.E(Metallurgical),PG(Operations & Finance)
Good Observations…Hope for better growth rate.
ANIL M PATIL
Ken Arc Preci Form -Technical Director