Ashok Leyland, commercial vehicle major reported an increase of 36% per cent in total sales during January 2015, (10,639 units), as compared to 7,847 units in the same month of last year.Sales of Medium and Heavy commercial vehicles grew by 45% and the sales of light commercial vehicles grew by 14%.
- Ashok Leyland reports 72 % growth in revenue and substantial improvement in profits.
- Ashok Leyland, flagship of the Hinduja Group, had revenues of Rs. 3361.00 crores, as against Rs. 1953.21 crores as compared to last year.
- For year till date, the operating profit was 588.62 crores against an operating loss of Rs. 17.38 crores for first nine months last year.
- Organized a 2 day symposium creating a culture of innovation across Ashok Leyland, focusing on technical advancements related to engines.
- Ashok Leyland unveils its first zero emission, electric bus – Optare Versa EV – in India- the low floor electric bus, minimizes environmental impact having zero emissions and zero noise, thus matching the performance of a diesel vehicle. It can accommodate up to 44 seats, without compromising in fuel efficiency and maneuverability.
Source: Autobei, Ashok Leyland.