The total sales of trucks for the month of July 2013 stood at 47,161 units. This registered a 15% decrease as in comparison with the July 2012 where 55,611 trucks were sold. The M&HCV sales were down by 23% in July 2013 at 14,572 units as against 18,833 units in July 2012. The sales for LCV segment stood at 32,589 in July 2013 which fall by 11% as in comparison with July 2012 where 36,778 units were sold.
The contribution of M&HCV segment has grown to 69% for July 2013 truck sales as opposed to 66% in July 2012. The M&HCV share for July 2013 was 31% which has come down from 34% during the July 2012.
M&HCV Truck Segment
- The Indian truck market leaders Tata Motors had their sales in M&HCV segment got reduced their July 2013 sales by 24% as against July 2012.
- Second placed Ashok Leyland sales are down by 21%, while Eicher saw a decline by 15%.
- AMW’s performance is a worry in this segment as they sold a mere 325 units at 41% reduction for July 2013 as against July 2012.
- Mahindra Trucks and Bus Ltd. managed to sell 165 units in July 2013 as against 256 units in July 2012 which is a 20% decline.
- SML Isuzu sales declined heavily at 55% in July 2013 at 115 units in comparison with July 2012 where sales units stood at 256. Volvo had sold 84 trucks in July 2013.
Tata’s market share in M&HCV segment stay flat at 58% for July 2013 when compared with July 2012. Both Ashok Leyland and Eicher gained 1 point each in July 2013 and now poses 25 and 13 percentage respectively.
LCV Truck Segment
- The Tata Motors LCV sales are down by 15% at 17,646 units in July 2013 as against 20,728 units in July 2012.
- M&M sales decline by 6% for July 2013 at 11,055 units as against 11,721 units July 2012.
- Eicher registered positive growth of 5% at 409 units in July 2013 against July 2012 at 391 units.
Market leaders Tata Motors market share in LCV segment stood at 54% in July 2013 which has come down from 56% during July 2012. M&M has gained a few points from their share during July of 2012 and stay with 34% in July 2013.
Source : ACG, SIAM