Domestic sales grew by 9% for September 2014 at 99,290 units against 90,399 units sold in September 2013. The exports for the month de growth by 28% with 10,452 units against 10,452 units for September 2013.
The Cumulative sales for April to September period of FY 2014-15 stood at 621,792 units against 542,020 units sold during the same period of previous year, registering 15% growth. Domestic sales for the period in review were 558,330 units which grew by 15% as compared to the same period of FY 2013-14.
The passenger car sales grew by 3% in September 2014 at 81,447 units against September 2013 sales of 78,975 units. The Utility segment which includes Gypsy, Ertiga and Grand Vitara, registered sales of 5,980 units in September 2014 against 2,657 units sold in September 2013 registering 125% growth. The sales of Maruti Vans – Omni and Eeco stood at 11,863 units in September 2014 marking 35% growth against 8,767 units sold in September 2013.
Mid Segment in performing better than small and economy class segment. Swift, Estilo, Ritz segment registered growth by 18%.
Sales for Cars during April to September period of FY 2014-15 registered 12% growth against the same period of previous fiscal. Sales of Van segment grew by 33% while Utility Vehicles registered 23% growth for April-September period of FY 2014-15 against same period of previous year.
Highlights of latest development:
– Maruti Suzuki India Limited and its employees will contribute Rs 2 Crore and Maruti Suzuki’s parent, Suzuki Motor Corporation, Japan has also contributed 5 million Japanese Yen to the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund, to strengthen the relief and rebuilding efforts of the Government for victims of the floods in Jammu and Kashmir.
– Maruti Suzuki India Limited today announced that it will proactively inspect and repair the wiring harness fitment of 69,555 diesel vehicles (55,938 units of Old Dzire,
– 12,486 units of Old Swift and 1,131 units of Ritz) manufactured between 8th March 2010 and 11th August 2013. The other vehicles are excluded in this exercise. This exercise does not pertain to any other model of the Company or its exports.
– Mr R S Kalsi is a new Marketing & Sales head (Domestic market). Mr. Mayank Pareek has resigned, Senior Executive Officer (Marketing and Sales) from Maruti Suzuki.
– Japanese Maruti Suzuki’s Manesar facility touched the 25 lakh (2.5 million) production milestone in September 2014.
– Maruti will open Ciaz car bookings for the much awaited mid-sized premium sedan Ciazfrom 3rdSep 2014 across its pan India network.It will be available in Petrol and Diesel options. Company claimed that it perform 26.21 kmpl, the Ciaz with the DDiS 200 and petrol variant of Ciaz with a K14 VVT engine has a fuel efficiency of 20.73 kmpl, the best amongst the sedans of its class.
Source: ACG, Maruti