Mahindra Sales Jan 2016 report with detail chart and updates. Full article for subscribers only.
Mahindra shown booming growth of 10% in Domestic market as well as 7% in Export Jan 2016. Overall 10% growth by Mahindra in Jan 2016.
Following is detail chart of segment wise sales report of jan 2016.
- Passenger Vehicles grown by 13% in Jan 2016.
- Utility Vehicles grown by 13% in Jan 2016.
- Cars and Vans grown by 3% in Jan 2016.
- Commercial Vehicle grown by 11% in Jan 2016.
- LCV less than 3.5 ton grown by 9% in Jan 2016.
- LCV greater than 3.5 ton grown by 26% in Jan 2016
- M&HCV ton grown by 47% in Jan 2016.
- Three wheelers show fall of 7% in Jan 2016.
Mahindra year to date sales overview of Jan 2016.
Segment wise Mahindra sales overview year to date Jan 2016 report.
Company updates :
MAHINDRA GENZE CONNECTED ELECTRIC SCOOTER IS HERE!
Mahindra GenZe, the leader in all – electric two-wheel transportation alternatives, has organized a formal launch event today to celebrate the availability of the Genze 2.0, the first connected all – electric scooter. The event will include a welcome speech by Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf, words by Fremont Mayor Bill Harrison, keynote by Mahindra Group Chairman Anand Mahindra and a formal launch announcement amongst esteemed dignitaries and enthusiastic customers. Festivities will include a chance to ride the GenZe 2.0 at the Oakland City Hall from 12:00 p.m. onwards.
This scooter was conceived in Silicon Valley and engineered/assembled in Ann Arbor, Michigan. It is designed to help alleviate challenges associated with urban commuting, parking, congestion, and pollution. It has a removable lithium-ion battery that can be recharged at any standard electrical outlet, providing optimal freedom and ease of use. Its smart, utilitarian design offers ample rear storage space so people can get where they want and take their belongings with them. Beyond its use as a personal vehicle, the GenZe 2.0 has also attracted a lot of attention from cities and corporate campuses who are searching for efficient multi-modal and first/last mile solutions to help augment existing transportation infrastructure.
"Oakland is the perfect place to combine electric bikes and electric scooters, with mobility sharing and solar power. Projects like Bike Solar Oakland and San Francisco's Scoot Networks are the type of Smart City Initiatives we are launching in Oakland," said Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf. "We are so happy to be working with Mahindra GenZe – this is the kind of innovation and partnership we want to see – finding that pragmatic but visionary intersection of business, environment and technology to equitably serve our community", she added.
The GenZe 2.0 is the first connected all-electric Scooter. It is designed with seamless IoT communication that allows continuous monitoring of over 95 vehicle parameters, including:
- Battery state of charge
- Range estimation
- Remote diagnostics
- Alerts for theft, distress and geofence triggers
- Customized navigation features.
These features are smartly delivered to users by an app through a GenZe hosted cloud and makes the vehicle the first truly connected electric scooter in the United States.
This electric scooter represents the most efficient, user friendly and sustainable transportation alternative for short distances with:
- Minimalistic Aluminum exo-skeleton design
- Class leading large storage Back-Bay, with a 75-pound payload capacity,
- Removable battery with an integrated charger
- Excellent ride quality with a larger front tire, calibrated throttle response and hill climbing ability
- Pin enabled security features
"The GenZe 2.0 launch event in Oakland recognizes the creativity and determination of the Mahindra Genze team to design and develop a remarkably distinctive product," said Anand Mahindra, Chairman of the Mahindra group. "We are so thankful to the enthusiasm shown by early consumers, cities and corporate customers and are excited that the American public now has the ability to experience and enjoy this game changing vehicle," he added.
MAHINDRA DRIVES INTO AN ALL NEW SEGMENT WITH THE YOUNG SUV, KUV100
Powered by all new mFALCON engine, marks Mahindra’s entry into petrol space Prices start at an attractive Rs. 4.42 lakhs (ex-showroom Pune for the K2 petrol variant) To be available across Mahindra dealerships pan India with immediate effect
- The KUV100 is set to appeal to the cool and trendy youth with its aggressive styling and dominant SUV stance, stylish premium interiors, ample space to accommodate 6 passengers comfortably, ABS and EBD standard across all variants and optional airbags available even for the base variant, peppy performance, high fuel efficiency making it India's most fuel efficient diesel SUV with 25.32kmpl(ARAI certified) as well as accessible technologies like Daytime Running Lamps and Power/ECO Mode.
- It is powered by the all new mFALCON family of petrol and diesel engines and marks Mahindra's entry into the petrol space.
The KUV100 boasts of:
- Aggressive Design with Imposing SUV Stance: Tall and wide, with an aggressive front fascia and muscular body lines, the KUV100 has been sculpted to dominate.
- Unique wraparound sunglass-like headlamps, trendy daytime running lamps, chrome-accented front and rear fog lamps, spider-design alloy wheels, stylish roof rails, sporty rear spoiler, and body side cladding add a whole new dimension to its exterior style.
- Stylish, Refined and Spacious Interiors: Premium dual-tone interiors with piano black inserts,1st in class flexi seating to comfortably seat 6 passengers, sporty joystick-like gearshift, mood lighting inside door handles, unique flat-folding rear seat and innovative under-floor and under-seat storage spaces catch immediate attention.
- All New mFALCON Engines with Petrol and Diesel Options: The mFALCON petrol and diesel engine family is built to deliver high low-end torque for peppy performance. The mFALCON G80 is a 1.2L, MPFI and dual VVT petrol engine that delivers 61kW (82bhp) power and 115Nm torque while the mFALCON D75 is a 1.2L turbo-charged, diesel engine with CRDI technology that delivers 57.4kW (77bhp) power and 190Nm torque. The KUV100 is also India's most fuel-efficient diesel SUV with an ARAI-certified mileage of 25.32kmpl.
- High on Safety: ABS with EBD standard across all variants, dual airbags available as option even on the base variant, ISOFIX mounts for child seat on rear seat, 1st in class dual rear fog lamps, speed-sensing auto door locks, automatic hazard lights on panic braking. KUV100 is ready ahead of time to meet the upcoming 2017 safety regulations (applicable to KUV100 in 2019).
- Accessible Technology Features: 1st in class (in diesel) Power/ECO Mode and Micro-Hybrid Technology, Infotainment System with TFT display screen, Driver Information System, Steering-mounted audio & phone controls, Electrically adjustable ORVMs.
- Superior Ride and Handling: The suspension, tuned for Indian conditions, delivers car-like ride and handling.
- Excellent warranty of 2 years / unlimited kms.
- The KUV100 is available in 7 variants: K2 & K2+, K4 & K4+, K6 & K6+ and K8 in both petrol & diesel with 5 & 6 seater options. It comes in 7 attractive colours of Fiery Orange, Flamboyant Red, Aquamarine, Pearl White, Dazzling Silver, Designer Grey and Midnight Black.
- The KUV100 is manufactured at Mahindra's world-class manufacturing plant in Chakan, Maharashtra.