Ford India sales up 38% in February 2016. Full article with statistics is for subscribers only.
Ford India reported 38% increase in its total sales at 17,306 units in February 2016. However, the company's domestic sales declined 8% at 5,483 units in February 2016. Exports during the month increased 79% in February 2016.
Company updates :
“The Indian automotive industry continues to deal with weak consumer demand as witnessed by increasing levels of discounting in the market. The Union Budget announced yesterday, should deliver on driving rural growth and infrastructure development. However it lacks a clear roadmap for the automotive sector, which has for long been an engine of India's economic growth. Having said that, we continue to stay committed to our transformation plan which is based on product led innovation, communicating our strong cost of ownership proposition and delivering a differentiated customer experience.,” said Anurag Mehrotra, executive director, Marketing, Sales and Service at Ford India.
Ford India in February appointed JP Auto Zone as its exclusive distributor for Ford Genuine Parts in line with its commitment to enhance trust, quality and customer convenience. JP Auto Zone will serve the auto part needs of Ford customers in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Ford India plans to expand the retail distribution network to West Bengal, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab in the next phase.
Ford India Expands Retail Distribution of Genuine Parts; Appoints Distributor for Andhra Pradesh & Telangana
- JP Auto Zone, Ford’s exclusive distributor, based in Hyderabad, begins retailing Ford Genuine service parts to retailers and independent repair shops
- Easy availability to increase customer convenience and enhance access to fairly priced, high-quality Ford Genuine service parts
- Next phase of open market distribution of Ford Genuine parts planned in West Bengal, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab
Going Further in its commitment to enhancing the ownership experience, Ford India expanded the availability of its Genuine Service Parts in Andhra Pradesh & Telangana with the appointment of JP Auto Zone as an exclusive distributor.
Catering to retailers and independent repair shops across the region, JP Auto Zone will be located at 15-4-238/239, AP House, Gowliguda Chaman, Hyderabad and will become the 8th exclusive distributor for Ford Service Parts.
“Besides ramping up our sales and service network, Ford is focused on ensuring easy availability of Ford Genuine Spare parts across the country, which will guarantee continued quality, safety and convenience to our consumers,” said N Prabhu, vice president, Ford Customer service operations, Ford India. “We are transforming the Ford brand in India and ensuring that our customers continue to enjoy unmatched experience throughout the ownership cycle of their Ford car.”
Continuing to enhance the ownership experience, Ford plans to expand the retail distribution of Ford Genuine parts to West Bengal, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Punjab in the next phase.
Alongside expansion in the retail distribution of Ford Genuine Service Parts, some other key initiatives undertaken by Ford in ensuring customer convenience include:
- Sub Assembly Levels for Repairs: The ‘Sub Assembly Levels for Repairs’ enables a substantial saving in the overall ownership costs by breaking up a complex auto part into smaller sub-components. Ford’s latest offerings Figo and Figo Aspire offer unparalleled ownership experience with close to 850 parts available under sub-assembly repairs.
- Localization & Competitive Parts Pricing: Ford has worked with its supplier base to attain increased levels of localization on its products, thereby achieving competitive price points while maintaining high quality.
- Fixed Price Service Calculator: To ensure complete transparency, Ford is offering a unique Service Price Calculator on its website that enables vehicles owners to check cost of their scheduled maintenance even before they walk into a dealership
- Ford Vehicle Personalisation Centre: The Centre provides customized vehicle Personalisation options to customers to make their Ford cars look ‘distinctly theirs’. Ford is the first automaker to bring customization to the mass market. Often limited to high-end luxury cars, the option of personalization is currently available on Ford EcoSport.
Ford continues to offer several other customer-focused initiatives such as pan-India Roadside Assistance, 90 minute-Quick Service Bays, Mobile Service Vans, and Vehicle report card as part of its commitment.